Release of FY20 guidelines and Requests for Proposals is pending while the Legislature meets to determine appropriate funding for the next biennium and beyond.
The Montana Board of Research and Commercialization Technology (MBRCT) provides a predictable and stable source of funding for research and commercialization projects in Montana. MBRCT encourages economic development through investment in research projects that have a clear path to commercialization.
The Board takes the following criteria into account when making funding decisions:
- Has potential to diversify or add value to a traditional basic industry of the state's economy,
- Shows promise for enhancing technology-based sectors or commercial development of discoveries,
- Employs or takes advantage of existing research and commercialization strengths,
- Has a realistic and achievable project design,
- Employs an innovative technology,
- Is located in the state,
- Has a qualified research team,
- Has scientific merit based on peer review, and
- Includes research opportunities for students.